While superfoods have entered the health food conversation in recent years, most people are unaware that many of the most powerful foods on the planet hail from the Andes region—and now, for the first time ever, they are now widely available in the United States. Not only are these foods teeming with healing effects, they are also packed with flavor, transforming ordinary, everyday healthy meals into something extraordinary.
Peruvian Power Foods introduces the top superfoods and their myriad health benefits, with more than 75 recipes from the Andes to the Amazon, a growing gastronomical hotspot for chefs and gourmands the world over. With recipes for breakfasts and smoothies, on the fly snacks, plus sublime suppers and decadent desserts, anyone from the fitness-minded to foodies can easily incorporate these nutrient- and antioxidant-rich foods into their daily lives. Tempt your taste buds without ruining your waistline with:
* Weekend waffles with maca, an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant that can be likened to natural Viagra as it helps potency in men.
* Breakfast granola with lucuma, a tangy tropical fruit that helps balance high blood pressure.
* Savory white bean hummus made with sacha inchi, a powerful omega-3s for heart health and brain power.
* Muffins made with pichuberry, a glucose controller, sugar regulator, and accelerant for flushing fat around the middle.
* Sinful yet slimmed-down brownies with cacao, an amazing antioxidant and chocolate substitute in everything from smoothies to cakes.
From Peru to your plate, this Amazon-inspired health makeover will allow you to enjoy optimal health and optimal flavor one meal at a time.